! Class | Simple Ranger


Presented here is a replacement for the Ranger class found in the Player's Handbook. It is a oft-repeated opinion that the Ranger is the most lacking of the default classes, and this has spawned countless homebrew revisions and a few stabs at it by Wizards of the Coast themselves. Among them I have used the default Ranger, the UA Revised Ranger, YARV, and a few ad-hoc ranger tweaks. Some of them make strides in the right directions, but I feel that all of them miss the mark of fulfilling a proper Ranger class. A common strain among them as well is what I feel is over-complexity, features that are more complicated and text-heavy than necessary, as well as many features that feel completely redundant in gameplay. Simple Ranger is my endeavor to create a version of Ranger that satisfies me, while being straightforward to read and play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DMsGuild Release: Elementalist's Pocketbook